Did you receive your 2011 Denver Property Assessment? Does the value seem to high?  If so, you can formally protest the assessed value.

By law, the assessor must use homes sales that occurred between July 1, 2008 and June 30th 2010.  If you believe the value of your home is too high, you can protest that value by filing a protest by June 1st. You can only submit sales of nearby properties that sold between 7/1/08 and 6/30/10.  You can also protest due to property condition or other factors you believe affects property value.  If you need help finding comparable sales to use for your protest, please contact Roberts at 303-963-5335 or email [email protected]  He is happy to find sales that you can use to support your claim.

For more information or to protest the assessed value of your home visit: http://denvergov.org/assessor/AssessorsOffice/tabid/378140/Default.aspx